Easy family favourite.
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 - 15 oz can red kidney beans
1 - 15 oz can cut green beans
1 - 15 oz can cut yellow beans
3/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1. Drain water from cans and rinse. Mix onions and canned beans in a flat dish with lid.
2. Heat vinegar, sugar and oil until sugar is melted. Pour over the beans mix. Let stand for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
Hash brown Casserole (Cathy)
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
¾ cup butter, softened
¼ of a onion
ground black pepper to taste
1 (2 pound) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed in fridge
1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream, ½ cup butter, onion, and pepper. Stir in the hash browns and 1/2 the cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with crushed cornflakes (coated with ¼ cup of butter).
- Bake 45 minutes-1 hr in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.